Saturday, September 29, 2007

rewind and repeat

I went down to Hampshire last weekend and had a grand ol' time talking Jane Austen and seeing her old haunts. As usual I didn't take any knitting with me (I really have to stop doing that)--I figured we'd be uber busy (which we were) and that I wouldn't have time (which I somewhat didn't). Ah well, when I got back I started seaming Sesame which had finally finished drying. I've got one side done and one sleeve in but I've decided to take the sleeve out (partially) and reseam it as I'm just not liking the look of the seam into the underarm. It shouldn't take long. I did try it on to see how it was going and I'm happy to say it looks like it'll be a nice fit. Now if only I could find my sewing kit so I could sew on those buttons ....

I also cast on Mr. Greenjeans and am part way through the yoke (how excited am I that this is knit top-down and in the round??!!). It takes a little bit of concentration with the YOs, but not enough so that you can't have something on the TV and actually pay attention to both. We'll see what happens when I get to the cabling bit.

This weekend, though, looks like it'll be dedicated to finishing Sesame and knitting up some legwarmers! (I did fall off the wagon, may as well make something :p) Autumn's turning decidedly cold here and my heaters don't seem to like me. Result: I'm living in an icebox! And the computer has got to be in the coldest part of the flat. *rolls eyes* So I'm off! My fingers are freezing up!

PS. Did you see they're taking pre-orders for Ravelry T-shirts??

1 comment:

TheBlackSheep said...

PS. Did you see they're taking pre-orders for Ravelry T-shirts??

Yes. That is all I have to say.

At least I didn't spend quite as much on the plane ticket as I thought.

Wow, knitting top down? In the round? Dude. That would scare the everlovin' out of me. Kudos!