Monday, September 17, 2007

shoulders and patterns

TheBlackSheep asked for pics of the shoulder seam so voilà! Shoulder seam Clicking will take you to my knitting folder where you can find a small collection of pics of the seam--I experimented with lighting and flash use since 1) it's about 7pm here now and the natural light is fading, and 2) the yarn is such a dark color that getting the stitches to show up as well defined as possible is a bit of a challenge.

Of course, getting near the end of the project means I'm already thinking ahead to what I'll knit next during my thinking downtime (I don't think I've mentioned this before but, for those who don't know, I'm currently writing my dissertation on two of my favorite chicks, Jane and Maggie, aka Jane Austen and Margaret Fuller). So, it should come as no surprise that I nearly danced a jig when I saw the new Knitty was up this weekend! I banked something like 5 or 6 of the patterns to my Ravelry queue including Mr Greenjeans, Cherie Amour, and Percy. I'd really like to find a cute cardy pattern that I could use my Lion Wool in Lemongrass on--I'm thinking of my young cousin here who's as much a fan of green as I am, bless her. Now that I'm 99.9% sure Sesame will fit me, I think she'd really get a kick out of a sweater in that color. Plus, packing a sweater will definitely be much less bulky than 6 skeins of unused yarn when I return home this winter. I'm leaning towards Mr. Greenjeans as that would mean using up almost all of the yarn. Mwehehehe! Must appease the Suitcase Gods!

I'm also pretty much decided on I Do for the wedding shrug. Still need yarn though. Not sure if I should wait til I get home though for this one, even if means trying to whip this out in 9 days with my jetlagged self.

ETA: BZUH! I just got a message at Ravelry asking to use my pic of the Country Cousins Blanket I knit for baby PinkSheep last year! On the pattern page!!!!!!!! Baby blankets Excuse me while I squee like a noob here. :D

6 comments:

Mari said...

It's ok. I squeed in my own way when I had a request to use my pics. :)

I like your pick for the shrug.

TheBlackSheep said...

So did I! Noobdom here we come , collectively!

A

TheBlackSheep said...

Oh yes, and packing? Zip lock bags. Put your stuff in, squish out the air and voilà, more room. :0)

The A on the last comment was apparently a mistake. Don't remember typing that, but then I can hardly remember what I had for breakfast this morning, so no surprises there.

JillyB said...

Oooh yea! I am happy to hear that you have chosen "I Do" for your shrug. However, I think it might take you longer than 9 days to do, unless you are a super speedy knitter...

Tara said...

Hee! Adding to the collective noobdom 'cause I squeed too (it was for my legwarmers, so that was an extra squee lol). I'm squeeing over yours especially though too since it's something I have in my house! :D

TheBlackSheep said...

I'm baa-aaack! I just wanted to tell you it was the three needle bind off (Ksos)I did for the sweater seams - at least for the shoulders. It's not invisible, but it looks pretty good, like a normal shoulder. What did you decide to do with Sesame? You going to leave them?