Wednesday, September 19, 2007

fallin' off the wagon

Well folks, I have purchased yarn. Nine balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran (how much does Ebay rock?!) And here I'd been doing so well on the No Yarn For A Year challenge. But my yarn hor self got the better of me 11 days before NYFAY finished. Alas! Keeping to just that small amount was SO hard. Of course, this doesn't mean I haven't stashed a bunch of others in my KnitPicks basket >.> Dude, and Ebay. I'm always gobsmacked by the amount knitting supplies you can get there for cheap! *pets bamboo needles* Even with international shipping, it was still cheaper than buying it here, yo.

Anyway, the point of the yarn hor moment is, of course, the I Do shrug. Jill left me a comment reinforcing my knitting in 9 days doubt (jetlagged no less!), so I decided to find some yarn as soon as humanly possible (read: NOW!!!). So, thanks, Jill! I love good advice that gives me an excuse to bulk up the stash! :D Hopefully this yarn indulgence will last me til I get home. Three more months, three more months ... chant with me!

In other news, Sesame's all pinned and blocked; I think it actually may be dry by tomorrow. Would you believe the LYS here does NOT sell blocking pins? I've had to commit Knitting Sin by using regular pins. *shockgasp*

ps. If you haven't checked out Stash & Burn's podcast interview with Casey and Jess of Ravelry, it's quite interesting (and fun!) You can find it here.

5 comments:

TheBlackSheep said...

Oh dear. Didn't really grasp that there was a difference between blocking pins and normal ones. I just use the ones with the big heads so I can find them again later. Shows how much I know. Besides, I have an excuse. They don't even sell yarn swifts here (at least not at my NSLYS) so I doubt they sell specific blocking pins. :D

TheBlackSheep said...

And I so hate that you cannot edit on this thing! Woot for yarn! Just make sure you don't go hungry. Charge it to Bro's account. He's the one who chose Dec. to get married!

TheBlackSheep said...

More Spam

And Now? If not, I'll study again tomorrow. This is a bugger.

TheBlackSheep said...

Yet more spammage, and now?

Mari said...

I saw your Ebay search. The wheat colored was still $9. I think I may ask for this yarn for Xmas.

Any luck on the emailing? You have to publish your email. Do the "Contact me" on your profile.