Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!



Pattern: Hey, Teach! by Hélène Rush
Source: Knitty.com
Yarn: Cotton Ease by Lion Brand in Almond
Needles: US 9

Sunday afternoon, I decided I wanted to finish Hey, Teach! so I could wear it tonight to my birthday dinner. So, I cast on for the left front panel, finished it Sunday night, cast on and started the right front panel that night, finished it and the sleeves the next day! Yesterday, I knit up the neckline and button bands and sewed up the whole thing. I fell into my bed finally at 3.30 this morning. *falls over* But it's finished! And just as I was about to sit down to sew on the buttons, mom took pity on me (I'm the birthday girl!) and beat me to it. All I had to do was steam blocke and model. *g* I think I may finally turn into a gauge touter because my gauge was so spot on, I didn't need to block any of the pieces to stretch them to their proper size! I'm quite proud of that. Ooh, and check out the fantab buttons I got!



All in all, I love this cardy, and I am very happy with this yarn. I think if I had it to knit again, I'd try a DK weight yarn in a larger size to dress the sweater up a bit more. As it is, I may do just that at some point as I'm always looking for elegant, classy looking sweaters. And this pattern is definitely that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you did a great job (I should know, I designed the sweater!) and I'm so glad you enjoyed the whole process, and the finished product!

And, happy b-day, one day late!

Sandra said...

Thank you! And thank you for designing such a lovely pattern. It got lots of compliments last night!

TheBlackSheep said...

Like I said on Flickr, NICE! I LOVE the buttons.

Nooooooooooooooo! to the gague touting. Just NO. :P

Jarrod J. Williamson, Ph.D. said...

Sandra, happy b-day. Thanks for the comment on my blog. I responded to it FYI.

Happy bday again!