Saturday, January 24, 2009

Good grief, it's time for an update!

It's 2009! I can't believe I haven't posted here since last August. Life with the dissertation has been going full throttle since then. Of course, this doesn't mean I haven't picked up the sticks, but I've been sticking mostly to small projects since I knit Hey, Teach! Seems I haven't been able to muster the concentration or willpower necessary to tackle another big project. Even my throw blanket is languishing in the UFO pile. Ah well. I am now the proud owner of 12 hanks of Rowan Summer Tweed in Smoulder! Isn't that a great name?

Rowan Summer Tweed

I picked it up at my old LYS in England when I was there in November/December for my research fellowship. Initially I thought I'd FINALLY knit the replacement for my tired but comfy blue cardy, but I've changed my mind yet again. *shock* Strangely enough, I'd planned on canceling my subscription to Interweave Knits after the holidays. Now I'm not so sure. I wasn't all that impressed with the preview galleries for the Winter '08 issue, but when I saw the Blooming Cardigan, it started calling to me. SO, I think I may just use my smoulder for it. It deserves something where it can show off. I think I'll nix the belt though.

Other than that, my knitting resolution for 2009 is to stash bust. I know, I know. I said that last year. I'm planning on sticking with it this year, despite having a gift certificate for my local craft store (hurray for Christmas!). I found two groups on Ravelry to help keep me motivated: Stash Knit Down 2009 and The Great Sock Off of 2009! So far so good! I've knocked out a couple hats, a scarf, and a pair of socks. Huzzah! Now if only I could get myself a ball winder for my myriad hanks. Shall keep you posted! Hope you're all doing well!

4 comments:

Mari said...

I love that sweater. It would like nice in the yarn you have. I wonder if I will be getting that issue before my subscription ends.

Sandra said...

Wow, you haven't received it yet? Mine arrived last month before I came home.

TheBlackSheep said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah, you'll be joining Mari with that Just One Little Fab KAL I Really Want to DO and then the stash busting will be shot to pieces... :D

That Cardi is you! It'll look fab in the Rowan.

Sandra said...

LOL! Dude, I'm determined! I'm also loving the kick in the pants to finally use up my sock yarn!