Sunday, October 28, 2007

Reboot and Restart

Reboot

Reboot. I made the pattern up as I went and it changed from my original plan as I kept working. The way the contrasting color popped out almost like it was trying to take over reminded me of the falling colors/numbers in the opening sequences of Ghost in the Shell and The Matrix (See?) so, Reboot. It's not uber long but it's long enough to wrap around my neck and still cover up my chest. Tres toasty. I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

And then there's the wedding shrug.

I Do

See that pile of yarn next to the ball? Yeah, that's all the yarn I'd used (one whole ball) in the decrease rounds, only to finish them, count stitches and realize I screwed up the decreases. *headdesk* I misread the instructions and didn't decrease on the rows worked even. So, I ripped the whole thing apart and recast on. Tinking back 45 rows of lace to put in the decreases would've fried my brain. The only good thing is that I've got a handle on the lace pattern now so working can go faster. So if you need me, you'll find me under the yarn pile.

2 comments:

Mari said...

I like the scarf. Very cool!

TheBlackSheep said...

Love the scarf!

Commiserations(sp?) on the shrug. I know how it is.

Still working on the diss or is it all knitting now?