Thursday, October 4, 2007

FOs

Well, after all the doubts, hoorays, and aggravation, Sesame is finally DONE. Sesame, all finished As I said, it knit up as a size S so will now be a pressie for one of my cousins. Although, since I'm chatting with her right now, I may send it on home as a "cheer-up" present since it seems like she's having a bit of a rough time, rather than wait for the holidays. I ended up choosing toggle buttons after all and I really like the color contrast they make with the deep green wool.

Toggle closeup


Buttoned up it has a bit of an Asian/military feel which is down to the buttons I think. I didn't think of that when I chose the toggles--I just like toggle buttons, lol. In all honesty they make me think of A Knight's Tale with Heath Ledger and Paul Bettany and the toggles Roland uses off the tent for Will's ball tunic. *is slightly shallow*


Two-tone LegwarmersI also whipped together the legwarmers this weekend. Oh man, I am so glad I did! My legs are so uber toasty. I used Rowan Spray in Sunset and Calm. I don't care what anyone says, legwarmers are a fantastic item to have in your wardrobe. I wear them under jeans, with lounge-type pants, with shorts, you name it, if I think my legs may be a bit chilled, legwarmers baby. Especially if they're snazzy looking. *wink*

7 comments:

boeluen said...

Wow the Sesame looks fantastic. Lucky cousin! What a great pick-me-up prezzie.

The leg warmers look very toasty. And you say you "whipped them together" over the weekend! My goodness you're another speed knitter.

TheBlackSheep said...

Like I said, I love the sweater, despite the asian military look. It'll probably look different on too.

You know, I just realizes that I never have a problem with my calves being cold, ergo no leg warmers for me. It's either my feet or my thighs that are cold - I've got the Thighs from Polar Hell in winter. However, since I don't see me actually wearing thigh warmers, I'll just stick to socks and long underwear.

Thigh warmers, what an interesting concept. eeewwww.

You are so going to die of heatstrock when you get home, you know that don't you?

boeluen said...

Hehehe I always have cold feet, knees and the sides of my posterior - don't think we can find an appropriate knit for those problems, except possibly good old fashion long johns!

Sandra said...

Oh, don't get me wrong, my feet are always cold too, as are my hands and nose, lol. My blood runs medially, mmhm. ;) Chunky yarn and fat needles always speed up knitting. Rowan Spray is Super Bulky weight and I used 8 & 9mm needles (US 11 & 13) so the knitting went really fast!

Thanks for the kind words re Sesame!

Mari said...

The sweater looks great and the military look is in for fall. :)

Tikkunknitter said...

There's nothing amateurish about this one. It's just terrific. Congratulations!

Sandra said...

Thank you very much!