Wednesday, October 6, 2010

soldier on, dear knitter

Knits, purls, and cable crosses continue here in inkystick land. I'm happy to report that I did figure out the lace decreases on the Leaf Top Kimono with a little help from some scrap yarn and finished the back. But, now it's hibernating again as I try to finish the Point Gammon Pullover which is beginning to feel like The Sleeves That Never End.

I started the first sleeve three times because I, as usual, knit while paying attention to something on TV. First, I knit the pattern repeat incorrectly, then I knit the increases out of pattern, but finally, I got it right and the first sleeve is DONE. Now I'm working on the second sleeve and am really making myself stick with it. The idea is to finish the sweater so it can wing its way to my cousin at the end of October, but now the sweater messenger may not be traveling so I may need to hold on to this til I can travel myself. Unfortch, postal service is out of the question because of the very strange Customs laws in Argentina (recipients have been charged import fees on gifts before, and, from what I can tell from the swaps some Argentine knitters have been involved in on Ravelry, customs officials can be pretty anal about handknits). Still, if I keep at it, I should have the sleeve done by the weekend and can start blocking this bad boy. I am ITCHING to start my scrap yarn Hat Heel socks for the Frankensocks KAL!

No comments: