Wednesday, August 12, 2009

an update with more happy

lol, I know. I've been such a slacker updating over here. But I have a good reason and that is that I've been diligently working on my dissertation. Two content chapters drafts have been turned in and I'm working on the third. The last content chapter is also partially written thanks to a conference presentation that earned me a lot of compliments and praise, and my intro and conclusion are also starting to take shape. It's been a busy four months. My knitting has continued and I've been good at sticking to my stash as well. I'll be adding to it for three specific projects soon though (two more gifts!), but overall, I'm pleased that I've been sticking with my destashing resolution.

I'm currently working on Rusted Root by Zephyr Style in Knit Picks Comfy in Sea Foam. It's a nice aqua blue color and the yarn itself is so soft. It's quickly become one of my favorite yarns. I had to start over and cast on for the next size up, though, since it was fitting a little too snuggly.

Speaking of KP, I'm sure you've seen the new Zephyr acrylic needles they've come out with. I've been debating whether or not to try them since I've become such a fan of their Harmony needle tips (I barely use my nickle plated Options anymore). I started poking around the Ravelry forums and found out that KP is sponsoring a giveaway of an entire Zephyr Options set! Click here for the details and to enter yourself!

Off for more writing! Will update with pics soon. And I need to finish weaving in the loose ends on the Yaquina Bay that's been done forever and get that zipper in! Summer heat has not helped my finishing that off unfortch.

3 comments:

Laura M said...

just wandered across your blog. Think I actually linked to if from Knit Picks. I just want to say that I love it, and keep knitting. I am also a grad student that loves to knit and hope I have the skills to work on something like Rusted Root someday!

TheBlackSheep said...

New needle tips? Hadn't even seen those. That might be a good thing though, knowing me. I'm still quite happy with my nickle plated Options and trying something new might end that. That would be bad. (Kinda like I started looking at Iphones and now want one, you know? Would have been better if I'd never looked.)

Tara said...

I've never tried the Harmony's because I don't like the price and don't want to fall in love with them. Oh, wait. Lie. I have the set of sock DPN's, which get a lot of use, but the smaller ones (that get the most use) I can't even really use anymore because I've broken so many of them. Honestly, I use my nickel-plated ones or my Susan Bates metal ones a lot more.

I bought a pair of Zephyr interchangables (size 5, I think) a couple weeks ago when I placed an order, but haven't tried them out yet. I love the nickel plated needles, but I love that the acrylics are even less expensive.

Thanks for the contest info! On KP's Knitting Community they're giving away free yarn for certain projects from the new Interweave again. You just have to comment to the post.