Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Rusted Root

It's done!




Pattern: Rusted Root by Zephyr Style
Yarn: Knit Picks Comfy in Sea Foam
Needles: US7 (4.5mm) and US6 (4.0mm)

I'm pretty pleased with it. When the yarn arrived a few months ago I was annoyed to see that KP had sent me yarn from two different dye lots, but when I inspected them in good light, they looked identical so I thought all would be well. And from these pics, I don't think you can notice any difference. But when I wet blocked it (couldn't find my spritz bottle) HOLY COW! I had wide horizontal stripes! Now, if I'd meant to do that, it would've been perfect, but as I didn't I was really afraid I'd have to toss the whole thing once dry.



You can kinda see them in this pic, though since it was dry, they'd practically faded. But I was really annoyed with myself for not knitting the same dye lot balls in order. Ah well, knit and learn.

Overall, this is a really cute pattern, and I really liked working with Comfy--it's a much softer cotton/acrylic blend and is pleasant to work with, holding up nicely to ripping out, and isn't splitty at all. I'll definitely be using it again (and making sure I let KP know to PLEASE send me balls from the same lots!)

I'm now working on a baby blanket for another of my friends who's adding to her family (a growing trend among my friends, no pun intended!).

1 comment:

Tara said...

Whoa I can't believe the stripes! But I think you're safe as they only appear to show up when wet (in fact, I didn't even notice them on your Rav page for the project, only on the larger photo here). Bummer that KP sent you two different dye lots. I've never had that happen before (and I order A LOT of yarn from them lol). It seems like they would know better. FAIL. The sweater is super cute though!! I love it!!