Sunday, November 18, 2007

Lo, and it was finished

It's done!! *zooms around room* Pics:

Side:

"I Do" Shrug, side view

Back:

Back view

Front showing off sleeves:

Front showing cuff shaping

Alas, these are all slightly blurry. It was raining today and the flash totally washed out the reflection. But that's the best I can do on my own. It looks more impressive in person, despite the black yarn, which sadly doesn't show off the pattern well. But, that can't be helped as it matches the bridesmaid dress.

I sewed about an inch seam in each armhole as it was a bit too open and saggy for my taste. Now it's fab. One happy accident did occur, but that's why it's a happy accident and wasn't ripped out. Either that or I was too lazy. :p I decided to block it at home, mostly cuz I just can't be bothered to do it now. Off to indulge in more Sherlock Holmes and Mr. Greenjeans now!

5 comments:

TheBlackSheep said...

FAB! You ROCK! Go you for sticking with it and finishing it, despite the lace pattern. And I don't think anyone will notice the mistake at all. Not unless you take it off and stare at it intently anyway.

By rights, you should upstage the bride in that you know!

Mari said...

It looks great! I love the sleeves.
Can you believe how far we have come since SPEW started?

Tara said...

EEEE! It is SO pretty!! I cannot wait to see photos from the wedding with the dress.

And what's up, Skinny?!

boeluen said...

Wow! I wasn't too hip on the dress but the shrug is gorgeous! And it looks like it will go great with other outfits too.

Since the pic of the other shrug you posted I hereby declare you the shrugameister!

JillyB said...

Nice work on the shrug! I, too, had the same saggy problem under the arms and so I sewed a seam in each armhole. Make sure you get some photos of the shrug with the dress!