Monday, February 25, 2008

stash resolution

My goal this year is to clear my stash of all the yarn I bought when I first started to knit. You know, the fun yarns and BIG and CHEAP skeins. Of course, this was my resolution last year which failed miserably. This year, however, I've decided to create stock gifts (like hats and scarves) and charity items which will hopefully deplete the stash come December. One charity I'm excited about is Project Linus. Not only do they accept blankets and quilts, some of their members on Ravelry are looking for yarn donations as well.

So, what charities do you like knitting for?

1 comment:

TheBlackSheep said...

Oh dear, charity knitting has seriosly fallen by the wayside. I've got so much else to do that I don't really want to take time out for knitting. Plus, charity places over here are really picky about what they take.

Yay for stash busting! You will be doing lots of socks, yes? :D

Btw, I just put up pics of the red socks I just knit if you want to take a look. You've got some of that too (I just happen to know you do :0)